Sunday, January 23, 2011

God's Voice

"God sometimes speaks to us in the voices of our children."
I was down in the dumps the other day...way down, and perhaps throwing a bit of a pity party when I got an email from my daughter. (Really it was a Facebook message, so don't think God can't use Facebook.)

Now I, like so many parents, often despair of understanding the teenage mind. There are just those times when my forty years and her seventeen aren't communicating. Oh, for the most part, we get along very well. I always say we are "joined at the hip," since homeschooling keeps us together day by day.

Yet as I sat there weeping, wishing life would treat me more fairly, there was this message in my inbox. It was a video, music by a band she wanted me to hear. (I try to always participate in her likes.) But what flowed out in the words of that song was at that moment exactly what I needed to hear. Over and over the song repeated, "He loves me. He loves me. Oh, how He loves me."

Now I was weeping, but for an entirely different reason.

"Thanks. I needed that," I replied, "I love you more than the entire world....Mom."

My daughter

---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...