Thursday, December 23, 2010

My New Year's Resolution

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. (Isaiah 26:3)

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7)
I wonder if it's too early to make a New Year's Resolution. Actually, I've never made one. I am a firm believer in only committing myself to something I fully intend to do (I get that from my mother) so making a resolution is a big deal for me.

This year a number of important things will happen, a couple of them I will not reveal yet. However, one in particular is my firmest resolve. I WILL receive the fullest completion of my healing. I refuse to give up. God has promised it to me.

I have been meditating on the above two scriptures lately, and you know, the more I do the more I see that they agree with my resolution. The word "peace" in the Greek means "security, safety, prosperity, harmony". (G1515, Thayer's, e-sword.net) In the original Hebrew it expands to include "health, completeness, soundness, quiet, contentment, friendship". (H79654, BDB, e-sword.net) As if those do not make these verses impact your heart enough, there is the word "keep" to consider.

God has promised to KEEP me in peace! Something that is kept never leaves. It is there all the time. The word in both Greek and Hebrew means "guard". God is guarding my heart and my mind with his peace - and his health, his prosperity, his security, his soundness, all those things the word signifies. It's a complete salvation. God has left nothing out.

That's my New Year's Resolution - I will have my completeness. I WILL have it. I WILL! And God gets all the glory.

---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

99 Cents Sale (Amazon only): THE OTHER PLAYER *Young Adult Amazon   Now on Preorder: SHE LOVES ME IN THE FALL:  The Neighbor...