Sunday, August 29, 2010

Seek Peace


...seek peace, and pursue it. (Psalm 34:14b)
One morning a few weeks ago, I lost my peace. Oh, it's not that I blew up, it was more that I fell apart. And for days, my errors in mental judgment continued to affect me. The hardest part was I knew where my solution was. I knew that I would only find peace "in Christ". (Romans 8:2)

Instead, I was exactly like the scripture in James 1 - "a wave of the sea" driven and tossed by each wind. (James 1:6) One minute I was up and things looked hopeful and possible, and the next back down again, plunged into despair. I think you recognize the feeling. I determined to push through, then back-peddled and gave up the ground I had just gained.

Stand therefore... (Ephesians 6:14a)
There isn't any other solution but to "keep on standing." The Scripture says, "SEEK peace. PURSUE it." Think about the magnitude of that. Those are actions made through dedication and purpose. That is "stick-to-it-iveness". That is a determination to succeed.

The good news is, God says when we seek Him, we WILL find Him. (Deut. 4:29; Matt. 7:7) After all, He is faithful who promised, if we'll just hold on and never give up. (Hebrews 10:23)

I finally found peace again. This morning, instead of our usual summer heat, it dawned gray and cloudy with a light breeze. I sat on our porch and watched the flowers as they bent in the wind. An early butterfly appeared. Then in the distance, I spotted a pair of sandhill cranes, slowly strolling across the pasture.

I sat there and I prayed and I made my daily confessions. And in that moment, I finally realized just how peaceful I was. Once again, God honored His promise. Once again, I am so very, very grateful.

He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me... (Psalm 55:18a)
Sandhill Cranes

Watch a video of the Sandhill Cranes
.

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...