Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Live Life Desperate


In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me. (Psalms 120:1)
So often it takes falling completely to the bottom for us to see God is the only way out. I know because I have been there. I reached the point of complete desperation and was consumed with a desire for release from the pain and fear.

"God, please help me! I can't do this any longer!" I cried.

At that moment, your mindset changes. You become like the little child Jesus spoke of in Matthew, willing to do whatever is needed in order to be free. (Matt. 18:4) You finally trust that He, your heavenly Father, knows what is best for you and will always protect and sustain you. You at last know He WILL "fix it".

There is something to be said for arriving at that moment.

But what if we lived our entire lives in that manner? What if we lived as if we were desperate all the time? Every moment of every day engrossed by our need for His presence, completely relying on His ability to work on our behalf. Always knowing it is not in our power or our might, but His, that things are accomplished. (Zec. 4:6)
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
That is true faith - to live utterly dependent on His fulfilling His own promises. Realize, however, I'm not talking about being lazy. Action IS required on our part. We are the one who "casts" the care. But God has an action as well. Our job is to give Him complete control. His job is to accomplish it.

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; (2 Corinthians 3:5)

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

FREE Book Giveaway - 8/21-8/23/2017

FREE at Amazon 8/21-8/23/2017 For a look at the complete series, visit my webpage . Gio twisted his shoulders, jerking himself u...