Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Do It

His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. (John 2:5)
Doing "whatsoever" requires our total commitment otherwise it is not "whatsoever". "Whatsoever" means anything.

Have you ever prayed this prayer? "Anything, Lord, I'll do anything if You will only..."

It sounds simple to say it. But when it comes to stepping out, we make excuses. Walking after the "whatsoevers" means we don't make excuses. We just "DO".
If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: (Isaiah 1:19)
Notice before reward, there are two steps. The first one is our willingness. The word "willing" is defined as "cheerfully consenting or ready". We see this in 2 Corinthians 9:7 where we are told to be "cheerful givers".

Think about that. So often we want the benefits without the work, but our mental outlook towards a task matters to God. Just "doing" isn't enough. A wrong attitude forfeits our right to "eat the good of the land". And in reverse, a right attitude brings great blessings!
But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it. (Deuteronomy 30:14)
What we fail to realize is that when we are willing, cheerful, and ready, when we commit ourselves to do "whatsoever" God asks, He backs us up. He never asks of us anything His promises do not cover. He said of himself, "If you ask anything in my name, I will do it."

I like to think of it this way. I will do it because He will do it!

Remember what it says in the Psalms? "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?" (Psalm 118:6) What can man do when the Lord is behind me? The Lord is behind me! God Almighty is behind me, before me, and beside me! How marvelous is that?

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. (Isaiah 6:8)
God is asking, "Who will go?" Going for you might be something as simple as praying for someone. It might mean stepping out and doing things that make you uncomfortable. But most of all, it means willing obedience. It means doing the "whatsoevers" always, no matter what.

You do them knowing there is great reward - the reward of God's presence, His ability, His great peace, whatever you need to complete the task. And in the end, the reward of His joy in seeing your obedience, that He can say of you, "Well done. Well done." (Matthew 25:21,23)

That by itself is more than enough reason for me!

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we...do... (1 Thessalonians 3:22)

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

99 Cents Sale (Amazon only): THE OTHER PLAYER *Young Adult Amazon   Now on Preorder: SHE LOVES ME IN THE FALL:  The Neighbor...