Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Know That He Is For Me


For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. (Psalm 27:5)
I sit in a room and listen as people berate the state of the nation and the world. The conversation mourns loss of leadership, bad government decisions, and recent disasters. Before long, I am sucked in to a void where I begin to feel like there is no hope left.

Then a still small voice inside me says, "Am I here or not?"

"Yes, Lord, you are," I reply in my heart.

"Am I still God? Am I still love? Am I still powerful?"

"Yes, Lord, you are!" And there in the midst of all that talk, unbeknown to those around me, I sit filled with joy.
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)
There is a song whose words ring in my heart.* It's chorus sings:

I know that you are for me
I know that you are for me

I know that you will never forsake me in my weakness

I know that you have come down

Even if to write upon my heart

To remind me who you are


The more I listen to it, the more it becomes real to me. I KNOW that you are for me! I KNOW! I KNOW! ** Here in the midst of everything, I know God is for me. He is for me! He is FOR me!

Yet, did you know that though He is always for me, I only receive of it when I open my heart and allow it to become real to me. I can choose to sit there and participate with all the negativism, or I can stand up and shout, "GOD IS FOR ME!"

Ask yourself. Is He "God with you" or not? Is He Emmanuel in your life? Is He?

He is in mine. I cannot survive otherwise. Remind me, Lord, of who You are...

God is Big (video)


*"You Are For Me" Kari Jobe ** 2 Timothy 1:12

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...