Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Solid Rock

I made the comment to a friend recently that I felt as if I had faltered, walking backward, instead of forward. I think everyone has been there at some point, and I am so grateful to God's grace for putting me back in motion going in the right direction.

The words to this song ring out in my heart today especially the phrase, "When all around my soul gives way / He then is my hope and stay..." Amen.


------------------------------------

Words: Ed­ward Mote, cir­ca 1834; first ap­peared in Mote’s Hymns of Praise, 1836.


I do not want the cha­pel, I on­ly want the pul­pit; and when I cease to preach Christ, then turn me out of that. ~ Edward Mote

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.


-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

FREE Book Giveaway - 8/21-8/23/2017

FREE at Amazon 8/21-8/23/2017 For a look at the complete series, visit my webpage . Gio twisted his shoulders, jerking himself u...