Sunday, March 7, 2010

Milestones

I passed a milestone yesterday. There was no fanfare, no parade, no congratulations. Other peoples' lives continued to move and change. They did their weekend chores, had lunch with their friends, or sat alone soaking up the glorious Florida sunshine. In short, the day was completely "normal".

Bok Tower, Lake Wales, Florida
Bok Tower, Lake Wales, Florida


I rejoice today in the "normalcy" of it all. I rejoice that as I was there having what was an important moment of my life, that moment quietly slipped by me without any notice, just as it should have.

In 2007, I suffered with panic attacks which left me physically and mentally crippled. I was unable to leave home and do what are for others the most natural things. Trips to the grocery store, to church, even to work, seemed impossible. Consumed by fear, I stopped trying to go anywhere. When I did go, I was, to be frank, a complete mess.

Female Mute Swan
Female Mute Swan


So when yesterday I stood at a place which I had once feared, when I stood there full of the most amazing peace, I passed another milestone. That moment needed no acknowledgment. And actually, the fact that it was not recognized is what makes it so marvelous to begin with. I didn't have to think about it. There was no worry, nothing to decide, or contemplate.

No, my day was normal. Just like everybody else, I walked; I smiled; I laughed; I breathed. *

Spring, Plum Blossoms
Spring Plum Blossoms


*If you'd like to read my complete testimony, you can do so
at this link. I give all the glory to God, whose love brought me out of that very dark place. I have nothing to hide now, so feel free to ask many any questions you wish. You see, the freedom I have in Christ is available to all. He loves you, just as much as He does me.

I suspect there are many more milestones in my future. I pray they will all float past me just as silently as this one did.


-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

1 comment:

Marti said...

And what a voice you have through photgraphy. Thanks for sharing. "God is great and His mercy endureth forever."

Story Saturdays

99 Cents Sale (Amazon only): THE OTHER PLAYER *Young Adult Amazon   Now on Preorder: SHE LOVES ME IN THE FALL:  The Neighbor...