Sunday, August 23, 2009

Writing

Hindsight is a great thing. With it we can look back and see all the steps that have taken us to where we are today. Hindsight in my life enables me to follow a pathway that brings me to this point, to why I write.

It's not that I have so very much to say. Actually, I am more like Mary, pondering all these things in my heart. (Luke 2:19) I'd much rather never say anything, never volunteer for anything, never participate in anything. As long as I have my husband and my daughter around me, I'm a happy person.

But God...

God evidently has other plans for my life. Plans besides my being one big stationary wallflower.

The Garden Wall
The Garden Wall

Half of the victory in my life comes with knowing how I am. More people struggle through life when a revelation of their own personality and behavior would fix half their problems. I know my mindset is always to retreat, so I have to push myself constantly to do things. I know the first step will be uncomfortable and painful, but I have to take it anyway or stay where I am and never move forward.

This is where I have adopted a wise saying, "If you need help, you need help." I have learned the value of help. I am nothing without the support of others, my husband greatest of all. Then all the multitude of friends and prayer partners that the Lord has given me. And readers, like you, who take the time to ponder my words.

I like writing. I have always liked it, but recently I came to realize just how much. Writing gives me time to think about what I want to say. It helps my thoughts make more sense to me. It helps me to not forget. Because, though I am good at remembering some things, like the spelling of words for instance, I am really good at forgetting others.

Writing fulfills for me what photography began. I am a photographer. Photography is the "soul" of me. And now I am a writer.

---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...