Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bible Thoughts: It's Real!

2 Corinthians 6:17


Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord... 2 Corinthians 6:17


I hear it all the time, little comments denigrating the church, Christianity, and any belief in God, and I admit sometimes it bothers me. But Jesus predicted it would be so when He stated, "He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart..." (2) To put it more simply, those without a revelation of Christ will not see Christ or understand Christ.

There is nothing like experience as a teacher. What I have experienced of the power of God cannot be taken from me. I know it's real because I have lived it. I can't be convinced there's no power in the Word. I can't be persuaded God doesn't offer me healing, prosperity, and peace. I have become as it says in Romans 4:21, "fully persuaded". I know that I know that I know.

There is a hymn my parents would sing whose chorus goes:
But it’s real, it’s real!
O I know it’s real
Praise God, the doubts are settled,
For I know, I know it’s real! (1)
This experience of Christianity is real to me, but it's even better than that. God has promised me confidence and boldness.
And this is the confidence that we have in him... 1 John 5:14

And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word Acts 4:29

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
This is boldness to share His promises, boldness to ask in prayer, and complete confidence in Christ.

Part of this boldness is knowing I will "be separate". I will not be like "the world", those outside of Christ. I will not make decisions like the world. I will not act like the world, dress like the world, talk like the world. I will be part of the "peculiar people" of 1 Peter. (3) Why? Because I have been called "out of darkness into his marvelous light." (3) I have been called to fear God, not man. (4) I am separate.

Most of all, I know He has equipped me for this walk. He has given me "all things that pertain unto life and godliness." (5) But don't stop there, read the rest of this verse! "Through the knowledge of him that has called us to glory and virtue." Through knowledge...to glory (power) and virtue. I especially like the New Living Translation of this verse.
By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 2 Peter 1:3
"We have received all of this by coming to know him," or as it says in 1 John 1, "That...which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life." (6) And again in verse 2, "For the life was manifested, and we have seen it..."

This experience is real to me. I "have seen it" and no one can take that away!


(1) "It's Real" by Homer L. Cox, 1907
(2) John 12:40
(3) 1 Peter 2:9
(4) Hebrews 13:6; Psalms 118:6
(5) 2 Peter 1:3
(6) 1 John 1:1

---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

FREE Book Giveaway - 8/21-8/23/2017

FREE at Amazon 8/21-8/23/2017 For a look at the complete series, visit my webpage . Gio twisted his shoulders, jerking himself u...