Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Scripture On My Heart: Psalms 127:1

Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalms 127:1

I had a whole slew of things prepared to write about this scripture. The more I have thought on it recently, the more I have realized that it applies to so many ways in our lives. At the start, I wanted to point out how we must teach our children about things like modesty, respect, honor, and gratitude. But I have found in preparing this post that it is all much larger than that.

Except the Lord help me write this blog, it will not be received by the readers. Except the Lord show me where to be at a given moment in time, I will have missed that photograph. Except the Lord give me the pattern for the video I am going to make, it will not flow correctly. Except the Lord be at the center of every decision I make, every day of my life, it will all have been in vain. I don't want my life to have been in vain.

The best things I have done in this world have only come because He gave me the idea and guided me in their creation. When I created the video below, I woke up one morning with the entire design in my head. I saw every picture, every scripture reference, and knew exactly how it all fitted together. It wasn't something I had been meditating on recently or anything I had heard. In fact, I was in a hard place at the time, unable to see beyond my own discomfort. I cannot really take credit for it because it was His design and He gave it to me.

I AM



My entire reliance for everything I say or write is with Christ. It is so easy to forget and set Him aside in our daily lives. But we must do more than just turn to God when things get tough. It is by making our every decision through Him that we will find the most fulfillment when all is said and done. I'd rather be a housewife in Florida with Christ than the biggest superstar in the world and it all have been in vain. My true potential only comes from His ability in me.

---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

FREE Book Giveaway - 8/21-8/23/2017

FREE at Amazon 8/21-8/23/2017 For a look at the complete series, visit my webpage . Gio twisted his shoulders, jerking himself u...