Monday, June 29, 2009

I've Been Thinking...

I've been thinking about people who don't seem to get along with anyone. I am always going out of my way to try to please everyone. This is not a good thing. Then when people disappoint me, I get so discouraged and flustered. I tell myself it is really not necessary that everyone agree with me, or even like me. As I was thinking on this, the following scripture came into my heart.


And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Matthew 10:14

There will always be people who are hateful, but their hate falls on their own shoulders. Hate is self-damaging. It hurts the "hater" far more than it does the one to whom it is directed. I can choose to "shake the dust" off my feet or to receive it. The choice is mine.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...